Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

Thompsons Ln
Merricks, VIC, 3916
Australia

0419 135 037

A 5 star winery on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.

Merricks Estate 2012 Shiraz

Wine Store

Merricks Estate Range

Since 1982 we have produced high quality estate grown wines. The Merricks Estate label is known for its older vintaged wines. All the grapes are handpicked and our vines are some of the oldest in the region.

Thompson’s Lane Range

The Merricks Thompson’s Lane range boasts the same dedication to quality winemaking as the Estate label, but it is released earlier to be drunk younger and with a lower price tag.

 

For personalised mixed dozens, please call us on 0419 135 037 or email us at merricksestate@bigpond.com.au

Minimum order is one dozen. Prices indicted are per dozen. Please refer to Shipping information regarding postage costs.

Merricks Estate 2012 Shiraz

TLShirazBS_Web.jpg
MEShiraz07.jpg
ME Shiraz 2009.jpg
TLShirazBS_Web.jpg
MEShiraz07.jpg
ME Shiraz 2009.jpg

Merricks Estate 2012 Shiraz

320.00

93 Points - James Halliday Wine Companion 2017

Invites you in with a smile but the conversation quickly turns serious. Bold upfront fruit and oak, plum and coffee-cream, before sappy, herbal, sour cherry notes seep through; in the end it seems pinot-esque. Meaty aromatics. Will be fascinating to see how it develops. James Halliday

Tasting Notes

Merricks Estate 2012 has intense aromas and flavours of black fruits, liquorice and spice including intense black pepper and cedar characters. This wine is supported by good acid and fine grained tannins which give it balance, length and structure.

 

 

 

Quantity:
Add to Cart

Wine Making Notes

Our 2012 Shiraz was handpicked prior to being crushed and fermented on skins. During the seven day ferment the wine was pumped over three times a day to gain maximum skin contact. This shiraz was matured in 20% new oak barriques, the remaining 80% in 2 year old barriques.